Agriculture – Legacy Systems
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Legacy systems and processes were crippling the business making it difficult for management to have a clear view of business performance. After experiencing falling membership numbers, the business identified an urgent need to improve customer satisfaction and address the legacy systems that were preventing them achieving their business goals.
Senior management agreed the systems and processes needed to change in order to scale with the business. Their mission was to adopt industry standards and best practices enabled by technology. There was also an understanding that a culture change would be a big part of this project. It would require a shift in organisational mindset, to change the way the back office functioned and how they engaged with their members.
Working with the senior management team, we led a vision setting programme to agree the clear goals and objectives, map how these could be achieved, and understand the risks that came with project. We then formed a special project team of knowledge experts to champion the project and its goals within the wider business.
Our 18-month project incorporated:
- Senior stakeholder engagement to identify and agree business objectives, define the priorities, and build upon what was known.
- A business value assessment across seven regional offices to identify pain points and the subsequent impact analysis.
- Established a centre of excellence to enhance and streamline inter-regional processes and align these to department strategic goals.
- Procurement of an ERP system, migrating the existing finance and CRM solutions, and subsequently leading the data migration, and integration to wider business systems and website.
- A continuous change programme focussed on shifting culture and promoting new best practices aligned with the business strategic goals.
CORE PROJECT COMPONENTS
- Scoping & Feasibility Study
- Requirements & Solution Analysis
- Solution & Vendor Procurement
- System & Process Proof of Concept
- System Configuration & Integration
- Data Migration
- System Deployment
- Coaching & Training
OUTCOMES AND BENEFITS
This was an important project for the client and significantly changed the way they serviced their members. Throughout this project, we instilled the core message, ‘deliver the right solutions at the right costs’, focusing on delivering only what the business needed to deliver value to their members, and not ‘gold plating’ or overcomplicating the solution.
The project successfully resulted in:
- Complete restructure of the underlying business technology platform.
- Consolidated and integrated 11 business systems, which then allowed for automation of manual and repetitive functions and standardisation of business processes.
- Delivered savings in time/effort and cost (up to 30%), as well as increased effectiveness of service delivery.
- The improved technology structure increased data quality and provided a solid platform for future innovation and scalability.
MFC SERVICES USED
- Project Management
- Change Management
- System & Supplier Procurement
- Employee Coaching & Training
- Process Re-engineering